Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Who Are Our Art Collectors? The Oil Man Story

The heating oil delivery truck came zipping up the hill, the oil man jauntily taking the curves as he talked on his cell.   We stood our ground, in a cloud of dust. Humph.  Plein air artists get no respect!

Half an hour later after his load was lightened up the hill, he came back down, and stopped to see what we were painting and chat a bit.  Turns out, he is an annual guest to the local nature center gala auction, and he and his wife, the big collector in the family, enjoy bidding on some of the finer pieces and adding them to their expanding collection.  I only know this second hand because I did not take the time to go over and say hello!  My painting buddy doesn't know a stranger, and sells her art widely and often.  I'm taking notes............it was a beautiful day to learn a lesson in sales up at Maple Bank Farm.  Here is my buddy, Karen Cashman, talking to a new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment